At the 2010 NAMM show in Anaheim, Spectrasonics today announced new v1.2 updates for Omnisphere® and Trilian® – bringing full 64-bit cross-platform support for the complete line of their award-winning virtual instruments. With the new updates, Omnisphere and Trilian will join Stylus RMX® as fully Mac and Windows native 64-bit plug-ins.
The new version 1.2 updates include several new features and enhancements to the Spectrasonics STEAM Engine™ including improved browser features, new synthesizer filter algorithms and a new ‘Sample File Server’ function giving the software the ability to go beyond 32-bit memory limits on Mac OSX systems. Spectrasonics also demonstrated a new free iPhone app, Omni Live that turns an iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless remote control for Omnisphere’s “Live Mode” page – allowing multi-touch sound selection of the software synthesizer in the user’s computer. The Omnisphere and Trilian version 1.2 updates will be released first as a public beta on January 22nd – with the official release on February 22nd as free downloads for all registered users.
“We are thrilled to be on the cutting-edge of having full 64-bit support of our entire product line on both Mac and Windows platforms,” notes Eric Persing, Founder of Spectrasonics. “These updates push away previous technical limitations and allow all our users to be musically creative with our instruments in new ways. Full 64-bit support means removing old boundaries and opening new frontiers for the future.”
New For NAMM 2010:
- New version 1.2 updates for Omnisphere and Trilian
- 100% 64-bit Mac and Windows compatibility across full line of Spectrasonics instruments
- v1.2 – New Browser “Favorites” star ratings and “Projects” tagging for easy sound organization
- v1.2 – Newly developed “Juicy” synthesizer filter algorithms in numerous configurations
- v1.2 – New “Sample File Server” for 32-bit Mac OSX systems allows more memory access
- v1.2 – Triplet support added to Arpeggiator
- v1.2 – Numerous compatibility and support improvements
- New “Omni Live” iPhone app for wireless remote control of Omnisphere’s “Live Mode” page
Omnisphere and Trilian version 1.2 require Apple OSX 10.5 or later, and Windows Vista or later. The version 1.2 updates will be released first as a public beta on January 22, 2010 with the official release on February 22, 2010, as free downloads for all registered users.