Spectrasonics announced that Omnisphere 2, a major update to their flagship synthesis instrument, will be released on April 30th.
Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director Eric Persing introduces Omnisphere 2’s new features in the following video.
Main Features of Omnisphere 2:
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
- Audio Import – Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator – an increase of 100X
- Wavetable Synthesis – Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres
- 8 New Filter Types – New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options
- Soundsource Reversing
- More than 3,000 New patches and sound sources
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
- 25 New FX units
- New Arpeggiator Features
- 16 FX units per patch
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot
Omnisphere 2 will be available on April 30th for $499. Upgrades will be $249 and $199 for customers who own Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus RMX.
For more info: spectrasonics.net