Steinberg announced the availability of Retrologue 2, the VST virtual analog synthesizer.
Picking up where the highly acclaimed previous version left off, Retrologue 2 meticulously emulates the sound of analog circuitry and its associated warmth.
Compatible with both VST and AU hosts, this versatile synthesizer conveys ample power and provides a vast range of sounds that add to its tonal richness and complexity.
Three virtual analog oscillators provide up to eight de-tunable voices alongside an additional sub oscillator and noise generator. The filter section comprises 24 filter shapes and five distortion modes. The ultra-flexible Arpeggiator, a powerful modulation system and comprehensive set of effects, including reverb, delay and the innovative three-band Resonator, stretch the creative envelope, only to be complemented by the extensive collection of exclusive presets.
A 30-day trial version of Retrologue 2 for evaluation without feature restrictions is available from the product pages.
Steinberg Retrologue 2 Key Features:
- Classic virtual analog synthesizer optimized for low CPU load.
- Over 700 outstanding presets covering classic analog synth sounds and beyond
- Intuitive interface for fast, creative sound design
- 3 oscillators with up to 8 de-tunable voices alongside sub and noise oscillators
- 3-band Resonator with 14 different filter configurations and integrated LFO
- Arpeggiator with up to 32 steps and “Export to host” feature
- 24 first-class filter types
- 4 LFOs plus filter, amp and custom envelopes
- 16-stage drag and drop modulation matrix with Note Expression support
- 5 distortion modes including tube, clip, bit reduction and rate reduction
- FX section with delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, vintage ensemble, reverb and 4-band EQ
For more info: steinberg.net