The legendary Fairlight Computer Musical Instrument in your pocket! Create music the way the major artists of the ’80s did: Alan Parsons, Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder and so many more. Listen to the actual sounds used to create that instantly recognisable sound of the ’80s.
The CMI’s Page R was the world’s first screenbased rhythm sequencer. Today every sampler, digital synthesizer, sequencer and audio workstation can trace its lineage back to this legendary machine. Now you can have, in your pocket or on your iPad, a piece of history developed by Fairlight staff who worked on the CMI in the ’80s.
- browse and play the entire original Fairlight CMI IIX Sounds floppy disk library 32 disks containing 564 voices.
- display voices graphically using the iconic Page D, and change your viewpoint by tipping your iPhone/iPad.
- play builtin Fairlight CMI Page R compositions.
- import and play Page R compositions and instrument collections sent to you by others.
- authentic Fairlight CMI user interface experience, including floppy disk sounds.
- onscreen music keyboard.
- use an external MIDI keyboard to play the CMI voices. The Line6 MidiMobilizer and Akai SynthStation are supported.
Upgrade to Pro Version (in-App upgrade)
- You can use the in-App upgrade process to add these features for an additional $39.99:
- gain access to the CMI III voices library.
- create instrument sets that store settings for all 8 channels, including the voices, pitch shifts, volumes, release times etc.
- use Page R to create songs that can be used with any instrument set.
- use the onscreen keyboard or external MIDI keyboard to record new notes while your composition is playing (minimum iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G or iPad recommended).
- play back your masterpiece, essentially as it would sound on a real CMI!
- export MIDI files from Page R, with General MIDI instruments for each channel specified by you
- import MIDI files into Page R, with all the notes ready to be edited.
- import audio files to be used as voices in your instrument sets and compositions.
- send and receive songs and instrument sets by email.