Native Instruments released MASCHINE 1.6, a major free update for its acclaimed groove production studio. With the addition of plug-in hosting for instruments and effects, the new version significantly expands the scope and functionality of the system. MASCHINE 1.6 also includes a free download of the new KOMPLETE ELEMENTS bundle, and adds a multitude of other new features for studio production and live performance.
With added support for VST and AU plug-ins, MASCHINE 1.6 profoundly widens its creative possibilities, turning the system into a full-featured instrument host. Both the whole range of KOMPLETE INSTRUMENTS as well as all third-party instruments and effects can now be used directly in MASCHINE, complementing its integrated sampler and FX features. Due to an “Auto-Mapping” function, plug-in parameters are conveniently pre-assigned to the high-resolution knobs on the MASCHINE controller, allowing for intuitive sound tweaking directly from the hardware.
To give producers an even more comprehensive sound arsenal on top of the sample-based factory library of MASCHINE, the 1.6 update also includes a free download of the new KOMPLETE ELEMENTS instruments and effects collection. Based on the powerful engines of KONTAKT, REAKTOR and GUITAR RIG, it contains over 1,000 production-ready sounds selected from the studio-standard KOMPLETE 7 bundle, including Abbey Road vintage drums, Vienna Symphonic Library orchestral sounds, an assortment of sampled band instruments, various REAKTOR-based synthesizers, a versatile assortment of amp emulations and effect pedals from GUITAR RIG and more.
Further enhancements in MASCHINE 1.6 include an increased number of effect slots, a new “Pad Link” feature, individual swing per sound, clip and sample renaming, expanded Drag & Drop functionality, support for up to 32 audio I/O channels, full Mac OS X 64bit support, and a wide range of detail optimizations. The 1.6 update and the KOMPLETE ELEMENTS bundle are available as free download for all owners of MASCHINE.
What’s new in Maschine 1.6:
- VST and Audio Units support from within MASCHINE – use instrument or effect plug-ins from NI or 3rd parties!
- Plug-in parameters are auto-mapped to the knobs on the controller
- Pad-link: trigger multiple sounds by just hitting one pad (incl. master/slave functionality)
- Swing per sound: swing now also available for individual sounds
- Enhanced drag and drop of internal audio, as well as from the operating system
- Redesigned Module slots allowing extended effect chains
- Mapping improvement when dragging multiple samples
- Renaming objects: clips, scenes and samples can now be renamed inside MASCHINE
- Enhanced drag and drop of audio inside MASCHINE
- Extended audio channels: Now 16 stereo outputs
- Duplication improvements: copy sound and its pattern events
- Full 64-bit compatibility (incl. VST Mac) and 64 bit REX import
- Free KOMPLETE ELEMENTS: Over 1,000 instruments & effect sounds with 3 GB samples
Overview of KOMPLETE ELEMENTS: