Steinberg released Cubase Elements 7, the newest addition to the Cubase 7 line-up. Cubase Elements 7 is state-of-the art technology and quality provided in a moderately priced music production software that throws its doors wide open to the fascinating world of Cubase.
“Cubase Elements 7 is the choice for aspiring producers and musicians looking for a complete package which doesn’t break the bank while offering a whole lot of features right out of the box,” said Carlos Mendoza Rohde, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
After unveiling Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 to great acclaim at the end of last year, Cubase Elements 7 now completes the latest Cubase range, offering new sounds, new effects and many other features that easily turn any Mac or Windows computer into a music production system.
The new mixing facilities feature the MixConsole including scalability plus uncompromising 192 kHz audio quality and routing flexibility. The newly developed channel strip comes with high and low-pass filters, noise gate, four-band EQ with spectrum analyzer, three compressors, Envelope Shaper, tape and tube saturation as well as brickwall limiter and maximizer modules. The Channel Settings window is redesigned to provide easy access to all channel parameters, including metering and routing assignments. The Remote Control Editor facilitates customized mapping of plug-in parameters to external controllers.
Musical highlights in Cubase Elements 7 include Chord Track, dedicated to providing chord and scale information to the project. All MIDI tracks can automatically follow any harmonic adjustments made in Chord Track in real time. Hermode tuning provides pristine tuning when compared to traditional tunings, while remaining aligned with well-tempered scales. The VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite has been added as well and features seven different amp models, 16 stomp boxes and a collection of 73 signature presets. The three-band DJ-EQ and MorphFilter provide great filter effects and smooth transitions.
More features and enhancements focus around the performance of Cubase. ASIO-Guard improves stability and prevents data dropouts, while the-start mode disables user preferences temporarily. Finding effects and instruments is expedited through the keyword-oriented search engine. MemZap stores positions and zoom factors within the project at any particular time. Easy Audio Driver Setup assistance is provided to users connecting Cubase Elements 7 with audio hardware. The Steinberg Hub comprises an enhanced Project Assistant plus additional information services, such as news and a regularly updated list of video tutorials. ReWire 64-bit compatibility, SoundCloud connectivity, FLAC compression and over two hours of high-definition online video tutorials round out the outstanding feature set in Cubase Elements 7.
Availability and pricing
The full retail version of Cubase Elements 7 is available from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 99.99 euros, including German VAT.
The Cubase Elements 7 update from Cubase Elements 6 is available from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 49.99 euros, including German VAT.
Customers who purchased a copy of Cubase Elements 6 from April 15, 2013, are entitled to the free Grace Period update to Cubase Elements 7.
Features at a glance
- Supports 64 MIDI and 48 simultaneous audio tracks with up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and fully automatic delay compensation
- Includes outstanding instruments: HALion Sonic SE workstation, MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine, Prologue synthesizer
- Comes ready with 44 audio effects, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, MorphFilter and the extraordinary VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite.
- All-new MixConsole provides the stellar mixing experience with full flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- Chord Track for easy chord management and re-harmonizing within project context
- Real-time pitch-shifting and time-stretching
- Project Assistant with dozens of common templates
- 2 hours of online HD video tutorials
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit for Windows and OS X Intel