Universal Audio announced the release of the Pultec Passive EQ Plug-In Collection. Picking up where UA’s legacy Pultec emulations left off, the new Pultec collection revisits two must-have Pultec EQs — the EQP-1A and MEQ-5 — and adds the HLF-3C filter.
Lauded as the most popular outboard studio equalizers ever made, these classic Pultec EQs can be heard on countless hit recordings from the past five decades. The EQP-1A Program EQ is famous for bringing out individual frequency ranges without significantly altering neighboring frequencies, remaining smooth and musical even with extreme levels of boost. With the companion MEQ-5 Mid-Range Equalizer, producers can skillfully tweak the mid-range thanks to its abundance of band overlap and unique filter interactions. Finally, the HLF-3C adds 12 dB per octave low and high cut filters, providing broad, retro-flavored tone sculpting.
The new Pultec Passive EQ Collection models the complex transformer and tube amplifier nonlinearities of these must-have tools, in addition to their unique filter interactions. The result is a dead-on emulation of the Pultec’s signature air, silkiness, and warmth.
Available for purchase via UA’s Online Store, the new Pultec Passive EQ Plug-In Collection is selling for $299US, or for $149US for current owners of the legacy Pultec Pro EQ plug-in. This new collection is part of the new UAD Software v7.1, which also includes the Millennia NSEQ-2 Plug-In and new Flex Routing for the Apollo and Apollo 16 Audio Interfaces.
Pultec Passive EQ Collection features include:
- Faithful circuit reproduction of the most popular outboard studio equalizers ever made
- Models entire electronic path of three Pultec EQs — including tube amplifiers and transformers — for colorful, highly-musical distortion characteristics
- EQP-1A Program EQ provides silky, vintage highs and tight, focused lows using combined boost/cut resonant shelf dip
- MEQ-5 Mid-Range EQ features broad, overlapping frequency selections for fine peak and dip midrange filter control
- HLF-3C EQ delivers 12 dB cut filter for tonal sculpting or special effects
- Includes artist presets from Neal Cappellino (Alison Krauss, Brad Paisley), Jacknife Lee (U2, R.E.M.,Taylor Swift), David Isaac (Prince, Eric Clapton, Robin Thicke) & more
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide
Download the new UAD v7.1 Software.
Learn more about the Pultec Passive EQ Collection.