DJ Tech Tools takes a first look at the Akai APC40 mkII controller for Ableton Live.
The APC40 mkII features a 5×8 RGB LED clip-launching matrix, assignable A/B crossfader, 8 rotary knobs, 8 channel faders, and a send button for quick access to send busses.
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- 5×8 RGB clip-launch matrix with comprehensive clip & scene control
- Illuminated RGB pads transmit clip status, clip type, and more
- 8 channel faders with reinforced travel lanes for precision adjustments
- Master fader provides total, global control over your performance
- 8 endless rotary device controls for adjusting virtual instruments or FX
- Intuitive knob layout with in-line placement enhances workflow
- Ultra low-profile design