Propellerhead announced the release of an update to Reason 8.2.
Reason 8.2 and Reason Essentials 8.2 are free updates to Reason 8 and Reason Essentials 8 that includes new features, improvements and bug fixes.
Propellerhead Reason 8.2 Key Features:
- Reason will now automatically detect if there is a newer version available, and optionally download and install this.
- A typical Reason update (without soundbanks) is now around 100 MB
- If sound banks are missing when Reason is launched, the program will now offer to download and install them.
- Sound banks are now located in a global folder, which means new Reason updates can continue using the same sound banks without having them replaced or copied.
- Reason and Authorizer no longer includes the Codemeter driver. Reason will run with Internet Verification (or in Demo Mode) without Codemeter.
- When browsing patches, you can now Revert back to the patch that was loaded when you started browsing.
- The color palette for tracks, channels and clips has been extended to 32 colors.
- The remoteable items for Redrum have been extended to allow programming of Redrum patterns from a control surface.
- Reinstated key command for Show/Hide Recording Meter: Command-F3 (Mac) or Ctrl-F3 (Windows).
- Reason comes with a version of Authorizer that support Rack Extensions larger than 2GB.
- Help files and documentation are no longer installed with the program, but accessed online.
- Removed 32-bit support. Version 8.2 is a 64-bit application only.
For more info: propellerheads.se